Bagnoli di Sopra (PD)
Bagnoli di Sopra’s first theatre dates back to the second half of the 18th century, but the theatrical tradition has older roots in this town: Carlo Goldoni was a guest in Villa Widmann Borletti from 1755 to July 1757, where a hall was home to a model theatre with furniture and sceneries suitable for plays. The plan of the current Goldoni Theatre features a rectangular hall with a loggia held by pillars in the shape of an irregular, elongated octagon. A side of the loggia lies upon the stage’s proscenium, while the other lies on the two pillars opposite the entrance wall. There is an avant-corps before the hall, towards the road, which features a foyer with restrooms on both sides, and a hall with two adjacent rooms on the first floor. The façade is in a Neo-Baroque style and features, at ground floor level, the main door with two side windows, all with frames slightly shaped into ashlars; the first floor level features a protruding balustrade, and three big round-arched windows standing on the façade itself, which is divided into four sections by four lesenes surmounted by a tympanum. The theatre was restored to its current state in 1993.
Address: piazza Unità d’Italia, Bagnoli di Sopra (PD) Open to the public Info: www.comune.bagnoli.pd.it